Wednesday, October 25, 2017

morning glory
















Awaken, my color!

Such contrasts to be born
from purple and white.
Wander into vision upon tiptoe, into thoughts
and proclaim this morning, "glory!"
Arouse expression- sleep ended, eyes open,
blossom my flower.
Radiance your mystery,
dewdrops the secrets you whisper
as if spring in frostbite.
Tangle-vines, tendrils speak
intelligence, ground up to sky.
Bring your glory, shine, ever shine!
Smile up to heaven and with a sigh,
reach and stretch perfume.
Stem waver, roots straighten
seeking last rays of the sun,
misty kiss, fore the last light
and close my color, 'till tomorrow.

* * *

Very old piece I found buried in my Facebook notes from years ago. Originally written on one of the yellow-orange colored lined notebooks I started attempting poetry in back in college. 

No comments:

Post a Comment