Thursday, January 13, 2011

suspension bridge



I sit back
just watch it happen-

a sense of a storm-front
embittered and fattened
plump droplets of pure inertia
sprinkle-spread as they land
demand an epiphany
with their empty hands raised
over unkempt rivers
qualls nudged diligently
south on windshield
as moisture they deliver.

I sit back
just watch it happen-

Erect a suspension bridge
roadblock down its double stripes
causes traffic to stall
a wreck of twisted bones
blood and engine parts
gears, axles, fluids all
decorate the two-lane
delineate the route that is
doom for drivers mentally lame

I watch-

then mosey to the shoulder
seek a path through the morass
wipers cringe and creep
across half-dry glass
wake my mind with eeking groans
I realize signify
more than busted cars
and thunder's inescapable drone

I watch-

and with that the structure
pitches and shudders
concrete precipitate-combined rain
for long moment hovers then
swoons to the rapids below
my foot hesitates
in that eon of a blink
an overdue flurry of thought
slam pedal to floor for brakes.

I close my eyes no longer to watch

No comments:

Post a Comment